The HGSC 1400 hot gas/hot steam decontamination module is designed for the chemical and biological decontamination of thermally resistant equipment.
The HGSC 1400 hot gas/hot steam decontamination chamber is used for decontaminating thermally resistant clothing and equipment. The gas mixture consists of hot steam and reaches temperatures of up to 170 °C. In the case of nuclear decontamination, it is used solely for drying decontaminated clothing and equipment. The treatment time is approximately 30 min. The HGSC 1400 has two chamber doors. Via the chamber door on the loading side, contaminated equipment is brought into the decontamination chamber on a loading trolley. When decontamination is complete, the decontaminated items exit via the chamber door on the unloading side. Each chamber door features two viewing windows to supervise the decontamination process. The hot gas module has already been integrated in the TEP 90 systems, the LDS (Light Decontamination System) and the DSSM (Decontamination System for Sensitive Materials), and has been tested by the Wehrwissenschaftliches Institut für Schutztechnologien – ABC-Schutz (WIS) (German Research Institute for Protective Technologies – NBC Protection).
Features and benefits
- High-quality materials and workmanship
- Fully automated operation
- Minimised controls
- Can be operated wearing full protective gear
- Compact size for easy system integration
- Components are easily accessible
Satisfies the highest standards
- Also designed for operation in extreme weather conditions
- Separation of contaminated and decontaminated material to prevent the spread of contamination